Saturday, January 31, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- My first car was a 1966, pink Plymouth Valiant. Three on the tree.
- I have terribly outmoded taste in music. I like some punk and am a sucker for a mournful female vocalist, but if lost on a desert island, I would most miss Simon & Garfunkel
- I don't see anything wrong with taking two baths in one day.
- The best thing to come from this blog is a friendship with The Ugly Earring.
- I've never owned a Royal Quiet Deluxe. My first typewriter was a humble Smith Corona.
- I really do want Carl Kassel's voice on my home answering machine.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Now, thirty years later, [Jonathan] Baumbach’s most recent publisher, like his last, has gone under, and in this case the enterprise went belly-up just months after his latest book, You, appeared. My friend Lauren Cerand was so passionate about You, she took Baumbach on as a publicity client despite the difficulties of reviving a book after the initial media window has closed. She and the author have started a site dedicated to the project.Below Baumbach remembers the circumstances that led him and other writers to create Fiction Collective, and he compares the climate of 1974 with the dire situation publishing finds itself in today.